Small Group Tours: Barcelona & the Catalan Countryside
Catalonia for Body and Soul
An active vacation that balances energizing exercise—daily Pilates, gorgeous hikes, and scenic bike rides—with a real taste of Catalan culture.
We start with a walk through Barcelona's iconic neighborhoods and a stay in stylish city digs. Then we head to the countryside of the Empordà, to a quiet village surrounded by poppy fields, olive groves, and vineyards, where we focus on fitness.
The counterpoints: delicious local Catalan food and wine, and great explorations: historic Girona, Sant Pere de Rodes (a UNESCO world heritage site), and unforgettable Cadaqués.
All with an artfully restored villa-hotel as our home base. A place so lovely just being there makes you feel good.
Tailor-made for your group of 8 or more travelers. Scheduled on dates that work for you.
- One night in a stylish small hotel in Barcelona
- 5 nights in a gorgeous historic villa-hotel in the Catalan countryside
- Daily Pilates with accomplished NYC-based instructor Karrie Adamany
- Three guided country hikes—along the Costa Brava and on farm and vineyard paths
- Two guided bike rides—along an inland rail trail path and through medieval hilltowns
- A city hike through Barcelona's historic neighborhoods
- Stroll and shop in the old quarter of Girona (a real gem of a town)
- Tickets for Sant Pere de Rodes, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- All breakfasts and 4 lunches, including a tasting and picnic at an award-winning biodynamic winery
- 5 dinners with a focus on local and seasonal food, including a cookout with the villa owner at his private vineyard retreat
- Wines paired with all included meals, and restaurant gratuities, too
- Private group transfer from Barcelona to the villa (and assistance on booking your return or onward travel)
- Private group minivan service on all scheduled excursions
- Insider tips so you can make the most of a pre- or post-trip stay in Barcelona