Private Journeys: Andalusia
Granada, Córdoba, and Andalusia's Olive Country
Granada and Córdoba offer intriguing contrasts. Granada sparkles in its spectacular setting under the Sierra Nevada. Córdoba, the capital of Moorish Spain at its height, is moodier, with an air of lost grandeur that makes finding its hidden plazas and flower-filled patios especially sweet.
Here are Spain’s most important monuments from the time of the Moorish dynasties. A guided stroll through Granada's historic Albaycín makes your experience at the Alhambra all the more unforgettable.
In Córdoba, yes, you should see the Mezquita—now a Cathedral. But here too are some of the south's most delicious low-key charms: friendly bars, the sound of someone playing the guitar, hot pools at cool hammams.
Local ingredients speak of the south's varied landscapes: from meats cured in the high Sierra to avocados and tropical fruits from the coast. But when you drive from Granada to Cordoba, you'll see almost nothing but olive groves. We've arranged for you to stop in the midst of them and taste at a mill that presses olives exclusively from the region's small organic growers.
- 2 nights in Granada in a boutique hotel in the historic Moorish quarter
- 1 night in Córdoba at an elegant family-owned inn
- A private, guided walk through Granada's Albaycín and chance learn the history behind what you'll see at the Alhambra
- Tickets to the Alhambra palaces and gardens
- Navigate Granada's gregarious tapas tradition, with your guide
- Taste one of the region's most prized (and organic) olive oils
- All breakfasts plus the tapas dinner
- Smart, personalized suggestions on where to eat, hear a guitar concert, or soak in a hot tub at a hammam
- Your rental car and the perfect route through the olive country between the two cities (upgrade to a car service if you prefer)